Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Today's Soundcheck: Get Away by Yuck

This is my 'On-Repeat' song for the day. I like how scruffy Daniel Blumberg's voice is and how rough the guitar mash up sounds. Mariko Doi - one of my top girl crushes. The fringes...that fringes! Haha! The album rocked my socks. Sorry, brain dump! Happy Tuesday, loves!

Summer sun says get out more
I need you, I want you
But I can't get this feeling off my mind
I want you, I need you



Mariko Doi also covered Happy End's Natsu Nandesu! Cool beans! Summer songs everywhere! Natsu Nandesu actually means 'Tis the Summer'. It was originally included on the Japanese release of Yuck.

田舎の白い畦道で
On a white country road
埃っぽい風が立ち止る
The dusty breeze stands still.
地べたにペタンとしゃがみこみ
I drop down to the floor with a bump,
奴らがビー玉はじいてる
as some kids play marbles.
ギンギンギラギラの
Shine-shine, glitter-glitter
太陽なんです
Well, it’s the sun
ギンギンギラギラの
Shine-shine, glitter-glitter
夏なんです
Well, it’s the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment